The mission of the Scarborough Economic Development Corporation (SEDCO) is to support economic and business development to improve the quality of life in Scarborough by expanding the town’s tax and employment base.
- To preserve and/or improve the quality of life for the Scarborough community by promoting good economic development.
- To conduct business with the highest standards of ethics, both personally and professionally with uncompromising honesty and integrity.
- To comply with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- To be open to new ideas and be adaptive to change.
- To promote and foster the best and highest use of commercial properties.
- To insure the recognition of the value of Scarborough’s environmental resources by assisting businesses to comply with regulations and to promote good environmental practices in their development and operation.
- Assisting in the attraction, establishment, retention and expansion of retail, commercial and industrial enterprises
- Provide free, comprehensive, and confidential assistance to any business considering locating or expanding within the Town limits.
- Maintaining an inventory of available space for lease, sale or development and assisting businesses in identifying appropriate properties.
- Providing up-to-date information about federal and state financial programs, commercial lenders, and non-profit and for-profit resources which can provide funds for starting or growing a business.
- Assisting businesses with town, state, and federal agencies on permitting and regulatory issues.
- Assisting Town Departments in planning and implementing economic development policies.
- Promoting effective communication.